Friday, April 4, 2008

Milestones in Cali!

Howdy from southern California! Luke and I flew back with my parents while Greg is serving on a dental mission trip in Matamoros, Mexico. Greg is doing great...he really loves to serve like this. I am so thankful that he has a servant's heart...that was my number one quality I desired in a man, and God blessed me abundantly with Greg's heart!

Luke is enjoying California...especially all of the attention! He has been oohed and ahhed by people at Grandma's work (who he is calling "MamaMAW"...so cute!), Uncle Jason's work and Aunt Annie's work. He is quite a little show off. Tomorrow, my mom is taking my sister and me to see "Wicked" in Los Angeles. Grandpa and Uncle Billy will stay with Luke in Billy's Hollywood apartment so they can be close by. After Luke wakes up from his nap today, we are thinking about taking him to Disneyland for a few hours. There is a lot to do in California!

Since we have been here, Luke has gone from "army crawling" to "real crawling", which has been so fun to see! He is also pulling up all the time, and he seems to be more of a toddler than when we left Texas. The past couple of days, he has even stood by himself for a long time...probably about 15 seconds. I think he'll be taking some steps in the next few weeks. Also, he has some teeth coming in at the top, and he is completely weaned. Wow...so many changes in such a short amount of time.

We took Luke to his 12-month checkup with "Dr. Bub", and he had some painful shots that my mom and I had to hold him down for...NO FUN! He was fine after a few minutes, though. He weighed 22 pounds even (25th percentile) and was 30 inches long (75th percentile) - long and lean! The low weight percentile surprised me, but his head is in the 90th percentile, so I think that makes him look bigger than what he is.

I will post more details about his birthday and party when I get back to Texas. For now, here is happy Luke waving in his new wagon:


and silly Luke at his party:

2 comments:

ashley said...

Hey Alissa! It's Ashley (FoPa)! Mandy keeps me updated on your family and I've had fun checking out your blog lately. You've got one handsome little boy and it looks like he's been lots of fun. He and my Anna are about 4 months apart. Just wanted to say hey!!!

Momo said...

Hey sweet boy! Don't grow up so fast! When you get home I want to come pull you in your wagon! We'll have a great time! I love you!!!